CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

May I Recommend.....?


"Healthy Appetite" with Ellie Krieger on the food network? Sistas, I LOVE this show! It teaches you how to make healthy substitutions in your favorite recipes (especially cutting fats out of baking, which I love) and she teaches you so much about nutrition as she demonstrates her recipes.

Yesterday's show was AWESOME! They had her come up with her top 10 'Superfoods' and make a menu with them. MERCY, it looks GOOD! Click HERE to explore the episode and let me know if you try any of the recipes! PS: I make the lemon broccolini all the time using regular broccoli and it's FAB. I've also tried her carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and her healthy mac and cheese (look in the recipe archives and try them, too! Trick your kids with healthy mac & cheese--mine LOVE it).
SUPERFOODS:
Salmon
Spinach
Broccoli
Brown Rice
Mango
Kiwi
Berries (blue & Straw especially)
Whole Oats
Nuts
Hummus & other bean foods (frijoles, chili, etc.)

1 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

I have totally seen Healthy Appetite before and am always amazed at how easy it is to cut out the fat of your favorite foods. I haven't tried anything yet but I am not very good at using new recipes. Especially with my fam! I love your Superfoods!