CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Not quite the day I excpected!

I went out with the kids and the dog to the park today to do my running. They all wanted to bring bouncy balls and we walked since I thought It would be stupid to drive 2 blocks. I regretted that right away when the ball Ben was carrying went into the road and he ran after it. I had to run after him with Rincon and it was so freakin windy. Half my neighborhood stopped their cars and some came out to help. We could barely stand up straight because of the wind. Grandpa Jim met us at the park and watched the kids so I could run the track and I decided to run with RC (the nickname Drew gave Rincon). There was way too many dogs in their backyards barking at Rincon and I couldn't hold him back. The shock collar wasn't working so after one time around the track chasing after Jack and Belle wanted to run with me and the dog going crazy we gave up and went home. I didn't even attempt it again today since we were so busy and I have been having some bad stomach crampage! I am stopped up I tell ya! I got some Activa to help get me regulated. I am really disappointed in how the day turned out. I mean it was my first official long run and I didn't even accomplish it! Drew is going to run after the kids go to bed. I am so mad because it's suppose to snow tonight. So Maj, I AM still alive. I will say though that I ran much better today amazingly and I really could have kept going compared to Monday and Wednesday. I am really impressed with this program.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

At least you're outside moving--good for you! And congrats to Drew for rocking the three-miler! Next week I am going for my 45-minute three-miler! :)